My Brother's Keeper
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Think outside of the box

2 posters

Go down

Think outside of the box Empty Think outside of the box

Post  feleazer Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:56 am

There's a story about an old man who lived alone in the country. He was worried about digging his tomato garden because it was such hard work and the ground was hard. His only son Vincent, who used to help him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament:

Dear Vincent,
I'm really feeling bad because it looks like I won't be able to plant my tomato garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. I know if you were here my troubles would be over. I know you would be happy to dig the plot for me.
Love,
Dad

A few days later, he received a letter from his son:

Dear Dad,
Don't dig up that garden, that's where I buried the bodies.
Love,
Vinny

At 4:00 a.m. the next morning, FBI agents and local police arrived and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized to the old man and left. That same day the old man received another letter from his son:

Dear Dad,
Go ahead and plant the tomatoes now. That's the best I could do under the circumstances.

Let's all work hard at thinking outside the box, being creative and solving problems.

feleazer

Back to top Go down

Think outside of the box Empty "Don't Box Me In"

Post  CJ Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:48 am

Hey Felix,

As funny as that anecdote was, it also has spiritual relevance for us not be be confined or allow ourselves to be confined by others. It also reminds me of a sermon I heard by Pastor Carlton Byrd of the Atlanta Berean SDA Church, not too long ago, titled "Don't Box Me In". As always, thanks for sharing these thought-provoking scenarios in our efforts to become true disciples of Christ.

God Bless,
CJ

CJ

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum