My Brother's Keeper
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's All About Having FAITH!!!

Go down

It's All About Having FAITH!!! Empty It's All About Having FAITH!!!

Post  CJ Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:34 pm

As I read the daily devotion for Wednesday, February 20, 2008, I was struck by its contents because it reminded me of my most recent faith walk which I've shared with MBK for the past two weeks; the title of the daily devotion for 2008 is "The Gospel From Patmos" and the author is Jon Paulien. It inspired me and reassured me that our God continues to prove Himself in miraculous and timely ways. My hope is that everyone who reads it will be as blessed and as encouraged as I was. Below is the reading I'd like to share...

“The statement “have not denied my faith” is the natural reverse of “hold on to your confession of faith” (Hebrews 4:14; 10:24, author’s translation). The believers in Pergamum have not only retained their trust and confidence in God in the good times, but also refused to deny that faith when placed under the pressure of persecution. We develop our faith in God and His teachings by applying His Word to everyday life. As we see God’s hand at work in everyday experience, our faith grows. As our faith passes smaller tests, it strengthens until it can survive the more serious challenges that may come our way.

An example of how faith develops in small steps occurred in the fall of 2003. During a school board meeting the Eau Claire, Michigan, Seventh-day Adventist Church learned that its school faced an $8,000 deficit. When the church board could not come up with any solution, the church made an appeal to the entire congregation. An anonymous donor came forward and offered to match all funds raised, thinking that he could spare $4,000 from a savings account.

Prayers ascended, and letters went out to the members. On December 7 the school’s Christmas program took up an offering. At the end of the program someone called the principal up to the front of the church and announced that the total amount raised that night was $12,160! And it did not include the pledged funds.

Approached with the results, the anonymous donor was stunned at the generosity of the members. Even if he cleaned out all his savings. He would be thousands of dollars short of what he had pledged. At first he considered just donating the $4,000 he had intended to give. Then he decided to stand by his promise and trust God to make up the difference. He emptied his bank account and prayed for a miracle.

Before the end of the week, unexpected funds arrived at his home, not only finishing off his pledge, but also replenishing his bank account! The man’s act of faith not only received its reward, but the entire church was amazed to see the hand of God work so powerfully and with such miraculous timing. One small act of faith snowballed to the point at which an entire congregation of several hundred people could perceive the hand of God.

It is in the small things that our faith learns to grow. And it is in the large challenges that our faith gets tested

…..Lord, increase my faith. Send me the kinds of experiences today that will expand my trust in You. Prepare me and those I love for the big challenges to come.”

CJ

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum